Tuesday, February 8, 2011

product recommendations

I was in the lesser living room, formerly it had been a bedroom, which opened onto the hallway.It was mainly built as colombage and dressed with old firearms and swords from my own personal history.There were dried flowers and other adornments that were not down to me.The room cast an interesting blend of masculinity with the addition of a femininity I have been blind to.
Jose a neighbor was there. Why I don`t know, but he, unlike some, he made me feel reasonably at ease.

I have to admit that he was, in fact, very unlike me,
Yet he was amenable enough for me to tolerate him without the need for a very stiff drink.
This may sound unflattering to describe him as such , but in fact, I state this is a high compliment.
I can`t remember what we were talking of, but I imagine it was the usual, I`m ok , your O.K,, stuff men try to do,when making the effort to communicate.
Sadly due to our genetics and upbringing , this is the best I could  hope for.

The phone rang with it`s very not unusual and not pre programmed. brrp bbrp,  you know what I mean.

 That overused frighteningly, straighten up and face business tone, that can cut through your heart and then some.

 Because I had omitted to re-programme the phone to a more amenable tone was the reason I had noticed it had rang exactly twice.

 Alandra had answered it before it could ring thrice.
Cool I thought. How can she cook? clean and washing machine? and still hit the phone in  two.
Jose and myself quietened our amenable chat after a minute or so , the expectation of a little word from Alandra played heavy.
 but nothing came.
I am generally always put on edge when a phone rings, I do appreciate (only Just), how other folk of a more normal lifestylic persuasion may feel , and do sincerely envy them.

If they truly do look forward to electronic alarm bells such as these, then the warm sunshine of a god (of which I know not), must be kissing their breasts in an almost unsexual but strangely predatorial manner. Experiences such as they be, I am sadly unfamiliar with.

Before I digress into the sado masocistic nature of religion, I should try to focus on the point of my story.

 It`s not so unusual to hear the phone ring twice, and then hear nothing, but I guess it was unusual enough for me to be unable to rest at ease.

 After what seemed like a minute,I excused myself to Jose, and entered the hall.

 The telephone was situated by the old double wooden doors, that once served (one imagined)(probably wrongly) as the grand opening of the farmhouse that would once have served the workers in a gentle and appreciative gesture of love for the work they had endearingly carried out throughout the year. Some of the more oblique gestures of corporate  love have manifested themselves in our very real modern world,surely?
In general they are traditionally built with reason.They are Large, long and wide enough to cope with a really large eating table. A table such as this , if fully garnished,could stand alone as an ultimate statement of appreciation for  all involved,and encompass everyone pertinent to the  harvest.


There she was, shadowed in the dim glowing light of the The inadequate petite table light that served it`s purpose in our battle
 against the diminution of the status quo of our atmosphere. It made it`s effort to illuminate the hallway.


 An ominance, a feeling, a dread, was there before me.
It was palatable.
It cut me.
 I was on autopilot, stunned and `silenced` by her face.
I said to her,"I can handle anything"
I was thinking it was something that had been said to her on the phone.
There was no change in her cold dead face. Immediately I said
"I can handle anyone".
These were not light words , they had meaning. I knew she understood that meaning, yet still her face was white  deathly and most definitively un reassured.
On a normal day a "coup de telephone" could never shake a girl like her , my brain started running like Chirnobil
What the fuck had been said????


Whatever it was , I would "track em down and blow em away" came to my mind.
She knew this , she knew nobody would mess with us.
Still her face was stone cold scary.
She didn`t say a word.
She picked up the inadequate table lamp and moved it`s gentle dim glow , such that it would illuminate the wall just above the telephones comfortable charging womb.

Some pencil marks were illuminated, they were just visible on the wall at head height.
They were striking.
in a way that good  art can cut you .
Initially I wondered , had I been doodling while phone chatting , but looking at the strangely expertly drawn rendering of the face, with the round Lennon type glasses framing the eyes, it was well beyond my ability. It encapsulated an essence of soul, and then the dripping black hb pencil lines  drooling  words dribbling like a stream below and around ,  I had my doubts. it was far too well drawn for me to have been guilty of  a mad  drunken doodle.
Before I had time to think and register what I had seen ,Alandra raised up the table lamp.
What I saw explained in a moment the look on her face.
Because of the shaded nature of the table lamp, as it was elevated and turned, the more extreme light from above the lamp shade managed to cast its illumination slowly over the rest of the wall and ceiling.

It was at this point that each and every hair on my body stood up.
Every part of the walls and ceiling had been covered by the heavy hb pencil . With words , dripping from above.
My Body froze my mind was blank,this was beyond me , for once I was truly scared , I had no word of reassurance , I had nothing to help, It was beyond any expectation, in that moment I was truly lost.
I can tell you here and now what some of the words said. But I think if I did , they would always be out of context.
Anyhow , we paid decorators to re paint. We never went back to that house.
The only repercussions were, that the words kept coming back through the paint.
This is one of my main reasons for recommending "Wickes Trade stain block"
lesser products do not do the job.

No comments:

Post a Comment